Hostas, mock oranges, and huge colonies of daylilies are testimony to former habitation in the valley. A nearby farm was a station on the underground railway, and ruins of a school built by African-Americans can still be seen. The Historical Atlas of Lancaster County notes an African School House located where Fern Creek Road joins Fishing Creek Road. J.W.W. Loose has uncovered evidence of a number of mills along Fishing Creek, most notably Long’s sickle and scythe mills, which in 1825 produced tools so superior they drove English products off the market. Local residents anchored boats at the small marina at the mouth of Fishing Creek. First parcel donated by John and Sally Gibson in 1995.
- Land Protection
- Urban Greening