Land Steward (PT seasonal)
The Lancaster County Conservancy is seeking an outgoing individual who is interested in building toward a green-collar career. The Land Steward should be engaged in at least one of the following subject areas: natural resource management, forestry, sustainability, ecological/landscape design, geography, or relevant trades (list is not meant to be exhaustive; other subject areas may also be considered relevant).
Responsibilities include performing general grounds maintenance, erosion control, trail maintenance, tree grove care, invasive species removal, inventory and data collection, etc. This position is meant to provide hands-on training for an individual aspiring to work in conservation land management.
- Comfort, knowledge, and ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, even in adverse conditions
- Strong conservation ethics
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to perform physically laborious tasks
- Ability to perform tasks according to instructions
- Strong communication skills
- Strong passion for LCC’s mission
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Must be willing and able to work some weekend days
- Must possess a valid PA driver’s license
- Must provide proof of compliance with PA child abuse background checks (LLC willing to assist)
This is a part-time seasonal position:
- 12 weeks (May 22nd – August 11th)
- 25.5 hours per week
- Tuesdays 8am – 5pm (8.5 hours, times may vary due to weather)
- Wednesdays 8am – 5pm (8.5 hours, times may vary due to weather)
- Thursdays (biweekly schedule) 8am – 5pm / 12pm – 8pm (8.5 hours, times may vary)
- $11 per hour
- Possible additional hours available (Saturday/Sunday)
Office is located in Lancaster, PA but daily field work is distributed across Lancaster and York Counties. A company vehicle is provided for travel to and from work sites. The Land Steward reports to the Stewardship Coordinator.
Interested applicants may send a cover letter and resume to Steve Mohr, Stewardship Coordinator, at email@example.com by no later than March 15, 2017. Please list your last name and LCCSteward as the email’s subject line (i.e. LastnameLCCSteward).