PLEASE NOTE: Due to the ongoing pandemic and safety concerns, the Lancaster Conservancy has paused volunteer activities including nature preserve workdays and organization workdays at this time.
The Conservancy is proud to work with dedicated volunteers who love to support preserve work days, spend time in nature, and connect with new people. Volunteer at one or more of our Preserve Work Days and learn to protect and care for our beautiful preserves through hands-on stewardship and education activities.
- Expand your knowledge of native plants and animals
- Help preserve local ecosystems for people and wildlife
- Learn new skills to help manage your own landscape
- Discover how our citizen science efforts protect our watershed
- Meet people who share a mutual passion for nature
- Relax with beautiful scenery and get to know our trails
Volunteer Preserve Work Days (Paused due to COVID-19)
Join us and invite your family, friends, and co-workers to volunteer! Work days are great ways for a club, school or church group, scouts, and local businesses to have fun helping at a preserve for a day to learn and serve our community. Opportunities abound for youth and adults to learn how to plant native trees and shrubs, cleanup trash, count plants and animals, manage invasive plants, and so much more.
Check out our events page for upcoming volunteer opportunities. If you or your group plans to attend a preserve work day please be sure to sign up via Eventbrite so we can plan for your experience.
- Dress for weather conditions
- Wear good footwear (waterproof if possible)
- Bring your favorite gloves and tools (pruners, etc.)
- Wear sunscreen and use insect repellent at your own discretion
- Smile and have fun!